00003 - Control Module
00003 - Control Module: Defective
- Control Module faulty
- Control Module Software Issue
- Check Control Module
- Check for Control Module Software Update
- Replace Control Module
- When found in Radio OR Radio Navigation System, check Measuring Value Block (MVB) 025.1 for Details.
- Measuring Value Block 025.1 (MVB) may not be supported by all Radios OR Radio Navigation Systems.
- When found in Audi A8/S8 (4E): Audi A8 (4E) Brake Electronics, this Fault Code may have been stored after performing an Output Test in the Brake Electronics Control Module w/o following the proper Instructions. To clear this Fault Code, please perform/repeat the following Steps 3 (THREE) times:
- Switch the Ignition OFF for 5 Seconds, then Switch it ON again.
- Clear Fault Codes in Brake Electronics Control Module, then exit out of the Control Module.
00003 - Control Module: No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation
- Basic Setting(s) not performed
- Perform Basic Setting(s)
- When found in Control Head / Multi Media Interface (MMI), check Adaptation Channel 012 (Telephone Type) for Plausibility.
- When found in Brake Electronics (MK60EC1):
- Replacing the Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) but keeping the (old) Hydraulics Unit will result in the Intake and Disconnecting Valves not being synchronized. A Basic Setting for the Intake/Disconnecting Valves will solve this problem.
- When found in the Audi A4 (8H) Automatic Roof perform the Adaptation and see the Special Notes.
- When found in Audi A3/S3 (8P): Instrument Cluster:
- Check/Perform Instrument Cluster Service Interval Settings (Adaptation Channels 42, 43, 44, 45 and 49) E?ID=135368
- When found in any other Audi Instrument Custer run and save an Adaptation Function Control Module Map. After doing so try resetting ALL (see note) applicable service resets using the [SRI Reset] function in VCDS. If the issue is not resolved run/save another Adaptation Function Control Module Map so the stored values can be compared. Registered VCDS users encountering difficulty can join and post the inquiry in our forum -or- contact us directly via email with the log files.
Note most RoW (Rest of World) market Audi models support 3 total service related reset procedures. The Basic Oil Change, Time based and Distance based resets may need to be completed before 00003 - Control Module: No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation will clear.
00003 - Control Module: Mechanical Failure
- When found in  - Heating/Air Conditioning (Rear) in the Audi Q7 (4L/FE) chassis this may be caused by activated child locks (i.e. main window switch lock-out active). The rear display may show (- - -). The following TPIs apply:
- RoW market 2014727
- NAR market 2014876