From Ross-Tech Wiki
18438/P2006/008198 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Stuck Closed, Bank 1
- Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) ON
- Reduction of power at higher RPMs
- Vacuum leak
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor1 (G336)
- Intake Manifold Runner binding or sticking
- Replace failed vacuum line
- Check Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor 1 (G336) and wiring, see repair manual.
- When found in 2005 - 2008 Audi A4 and A6 with BKH 3.2L FSI engines, please see TSB 2019485/1 or 24-08-76 which discusses faulty vacuum hoses to the IMT (Intake Manifold Tuning) valve and IMR (Intake Manifold Runners).
- If this fault is found after cylinder head and/or intake manifold removal repairs verify the vacuum operated Intake Manifold Runners do not have obstructed movement.
- If the ports on the intake manifold (which supply intake flap/ tuning valve solenoids) have insufficient vacuum, make sure the solenoid under the air filter housing isn't broken/leaking. This can cause a leak in the circuit connected to the mechanical vacuum pump on the right cylinder head resulting in P2006,P2007 and P2070.
- When found in 1.4 TSI engine code BWK, check N316. This is a photo of the faulty 2 wire vacuum operated solenoid valve which was causing this DTC. Part number: 03C 906 283